New Service Installation
Welcome to Nishnabotna Valley Rural Electric Cooperative.
Whether you are moving into a house we already serve or building in our service territory, you must establish a membership account with us. Download your membership application here.
To establish a new account, please call our office at 712-755-2166 or 800-234-5122 during our office hours, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Nishnabotna Valley REC members also have the option of logging into the "NVREC Member Self-Serve" to request an additional service.
To set up your account, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Membership application needs to be completed and submitted to the Nishnabotna Valley REC office.
- Date service should begin. Please ask the previous owner or occupant to contact us to verify this date and close their account.
- Service location or 911 address of account
- Mailing address for billing purposes
- Additional names on the account
- Social security numbers of all names on the account. This is needed for patronage and identity theft protection known as the "Red Flags Rule"
- Deposit to open the account. The amount will be based on highest one-month bill for the last 12 months of an active account.
Print Friendly Version
Email to a Friend